I'm Back!
I knew eventually I would be competing with MaryEleanor for time on the laptop but man, it's fierce! Given the opportunity, ME will spend hours surfing the net, doing her own posts, playing with facebook and sending emails to people she hasn't corresponded with in over a year. Many an evening I've to pry this machine away from her at bedtime. It's great!
Yesterday was a big day for the two of us. All of a sudden, our social calendar had us attending two events in one day. Janelle, one of ME's caregivers, was getting married and the wedding was at 2P. Outfit number one was happily sacrificed as the wedding was beautiful but hot! The church was cool but the jaunt to and from the car was in 100 degree heat.
We ran home for a quick break, snack and a marine shower. Outfit number two along with some bling bling was in order. Around 6P we headed up to Rhonda and Mike Taylor's home for a "garden party". By the time we arrived, a breeze and some shade arrived to make it very comfortable sitting out on the lawn for an amazing dinner with at least 40 of our friends from the tennis club.
I did not get the opportunity to view all of the silent auction items up for bid. I will wait to share those details as I do not want to forget mentioning someone. I will tell you that Arti Smith presented ME with a gorgeous, hand painted quilt with her initials in the upper corner. To say we had an awesome time would be an understatement. The food was exquisite, the wine excellent and the time spent on a beautiful Yakima evening with friends, we could not have asked for more.
Thank goodness for speed dial on the old cell phone as I had to call ME's night lady and tell her we would be late. We rolled back into the W4Ranch around 10:30P. Mary was here to help get ME settled in for the evening.
Today is a kick back day, we need a day to recover from yesterday. I'm letting MaryEleanor sleep in this morning so I can spend time with this crazy machine. I know that once she's up, she'll want to see all of the pictures we took yesterday and then charge back into facebook!
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dave and M.E.,
Sounds like fun was had by all!!
What a great day and great cause.
I love it that your social calender is getting busier all the timme! You may have to buy another laptop too. . . Love ya, Diane
Great picture of the Raines women!
Post a Comment