US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Out and About

I love it when a plan comes together.

After finishing all of our normal Saturday morning chores, MaryEleanor and I headed down to the tennis club. This was our first trip out with just the two of us. The transfer to my car in the garage went quite smooth. I was more amazed at the ease of getting ME out of the car once we arrived at the club. I asked a friend to meet us there as we needed to "bump" ME up the curb.

Once there, ME had a chance to watch something she had not seen live since the 4th of July weekend, last year......her friends playing tennis. It was fun, invigorating and stimulating. We timed to trip around court times so MaryEleanor could not only watch people play but also greet players getting ready to go on and coming off. It was a great time. ME got charged up to continue to work yet harder to get back on the courts.

We took our time driving home, taking the scenic route. We stopped briefly at a friend's house from St. Timothy's. She was amazed and dazzled to see ME!

Once home, we both decided to enjoy an afternoon off from everything. All of our "round to it's" remained that way as we both took naps and called family. We'll pay the price tomorrow but it was worth it.

ME is enjoying a bowl of baked potato soup as I type this. Great day spent with a lot of friends. As I look out in our back yard I keep thinking I should buy stock in bird seed companies!

Later!

ps: Thanks to Caitlin for putting a new picture on the blog!

No comments: