US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Post!

Greetings!

I don't normally post on a Friday night but, since it has been too long since my last post, here we are.

MaryEleanor is currently enjoying her dinner of french toast and a poached egg. This will quickly be followed with desert of coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup. This is our normal regimen now, normal foods just like always. We have not "fed" ME through her tube for well over a month or so. As I have mentioned quite often, her therapy sessions continue to show positive results.

MaryEleanor decided it was time to check in with her attending physician for rehab. We paid him a visit this past Monday. ME had not seen him since the first of March and man was he impressed! All of ME's "tone" is gone. In people speak, the muscle spasticity that ME had as a result of the trauma has finally left her body. MaryEleanor is now facing the reality of surgery to correct the impact of her "tone" on her ankles.

While we were meeting with her attending, we brought up ME's medications. "Why am I on these and when can I stop them?" The answer was "let's get ME drug free". So, over the course of the next month and a half, ME will be weaned off seven medications! Yeah! I can regain some counter space in the kitchen.

With the 4th of July rapidly approaching, plans are under way to get ME up to the tennis club to watch a few tennis matches. On Sunday, the 5th, we will make our first big adventure to Seattle. The plan is to head over to Bellevue to help MaryEleanor's Mom celebrate her 85th birthday. I am already going crazy thinking about everything I need to bring but it'll be worth the effort.

BUT, before this happens, I get to blow outa here for a couple of days. Polly has graciously agreed to make the trek to Yakima next Thursday afternoon. She will be here through the weekend, allowing me a bit of a break. You see, every year, for the past eight, my Friday afternoon tennis "buddies" have spent a "boy's weekend" up at a cabin in the mountains. A place where men are men and the boys run scared. We usually solve half of the world's problems while playing darts until the wee hours of the morning. I'm jazzed!

Happy Days!

3 comments:

Mil's said...

Thanks for your post Dave. I'm looking forward to my visit & I'll have Megan to help with the cooking! See you soon, love, pc

diane said...

Dave,
Have a wonderful "guys retreat."
M.E.,
Have a wonderful "sister time."
I shall see you both in just a few weeks. Love, diane

Anonymous said...

So excited to keep hearing good news! I will be thinking about both of you this weekend at the wedding. Thank you again for the wonderful picture!

Love

Olivia