Hi all,
Last week was full of the normal therapy sessions along with MaryEleanor's caregivers working Tom exercise regimen everyday. Gains are being made slowly in ME's range of motion in her ankles, more with the right. Her shoulders are beginning to loosen a bit. Her overall strength continues to increase. I notice these gains everyday, especially when we do a transfer into my car. From a layman's point of view, I believe ME is finally ridding herself of the "tone" in her muscles, a sign that better communication is happening between her brain and the rest of her body.
Caitlin, Dayton and Ellie Raines were here this past weekend. It was a blast. ME was up in her chair just about all day Saturday, chatting and listening to all of the goings on. Caitlin has successfully completed her first year of medical school at the "U"! She and ME enjoyed hours of conversations and small tasks. They tried their best to keep Mom involved and up to speed.
Dayton helped me tackle the yard Sunday morning. We rewarded ourselves with a great brunch of waffles and fresh berries. Dayton is the waffle master and between Caitlin and ME's Mom, the fruit was perfect.
As we were wrapping up our encounter with food, I mentioned that ME's speech therapist had suggested ME sing a nursery rhyme in order to warm up her voice and inflection. MaryEleanor promptly ripped it out and Ellie just about fell out of her chair!
One step closer to beating the odds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please tell ME that the Boise LD continget are amazed at her progress and still holding her to the promise she made to visit our office.
I don't care if it's tomorrow or 3 years from now. She's one of the most feisty people at LD and I know she'll continue to improve.
I am looking forward to the day I see her face come through that door.
Chris Collings
Office Manager, LD Boise
Post a Comment