US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Bad!

Ten plus days since the last post, what a slacker I am!

MaryEleanor enjoyed her family last weekend. Polly and Steve arrived late Friday evening for an overnight stay before heading to Bellevue for a bit of golf course business. ME slept better knowing there was an RN in the house.

Saturday morning had us all hopping early. ME's brother Charlie, his wife Cindy and Ellie (Sissie, Mom, Grandma) were due to arrive early Saturday morning for a visit from Seattle. By 8:30AM, Polly and I had MaryEleanor up, fed and showered. At 9:30AM, ME was sitting at the kitchen table when the westsiders arrived. Multiple conversations erupted for the next three hours. I bailed and ran some errands. I picked up some cool workout Capri's at Costco and a pair of gloves at a local bike shop for ME to use with her wheelchair.

ME and I kinda kicked back on Sunday, exhausted from all of the activity from the previous day. We caught up on all of the nasty chores around the house, and took naps.

Yesterday, ME was measured and fitted for her new chair. The Yakima supplier was here along with ME's OT(wheelchair expert). He brought a few styles with him so ME, without really knowing, received some excellent PT by transferring from bed to chair, chair to chair four times and then chair back to bed. Hopefully, ME's "ride" will arrive soon.

Tomorrow's plan is kinda cool. MaryEleanor's PT will be here late in the afternoon. The goal is to transfer ME into my car and head down to the local Starbuck's for a Frapacino! Dunkin' Donuts coffee is better but for ME, nothing beats a Frap.

I gotta run for now. Please feel free to post a comment that you are not seeing posts more often. I am easily distracted with other things but we need to keep you all informed.

Pretty cool looking quilt! Bid early and often!

Carpe Diem!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Hey, Dave!!!!!!! I'll dangle homemade cookies in front of you! We are off to USTA meetings until late next Tuesday, and then I'll look forward to seeing the progress in transferring from the chair to the car. ME and I had a great conversation about that yesterday! Keep up the posts. Hugs, Nan

Mary Stephen said...

Sounds like you all had a great visit last weekend! Good to hear! Yes I would love to see more posts however I do understand we are all busy! So do the best you can and post when you can! I always like to hear about ME's progress! Take Care and enjoy the fraps!

diane said...

Hey guys,
I am so excited about the new chair. A trip to Starbucks is a treat anytime for anyone. Can't wait to go shopping with you M.E.
Glad you had a nice visit with your mom, Charlie, Polly et al.
Love, Diane

Dona said...

Oh, Diane that quilt is breathtaking! Judging by all of your other handwork I've seen over the years, I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person! What a thoughtful way to help - may the bidding soar!

So glad to hear of ME's progress. What a lesson in perseverance - her inner strength is amazing to witness when reading these updates!

Sending thoughts and prayers to ME and all who love her and care for her. ~~~Dona