Hi all,
Today marks the one year anniversary of bringing MaryEleanor home from the U. ME has come a long way, physically and mentally. I've lost track of the number of therapy visits we've had. I do know that their hard work, along with ME's determination, has paid off big time.
MaryEleanor was barely moving in her bed, her arms and legs were extremely stiff from many months of her brain sending the wrong signals to her muscles. Now she is walking and hitting tennis balls!
Today we head back to Yakima Regional for ME's presurgery appointment for her left ankle. A week from today we take ME in for her procedure. We are hoping and praying for the same outcome as the right ankle. Looking ahead at the calendar, if all goes well, MaryEleanor will be standing on two feet by President's Day.
Paul and Caitlin will both be here when ME's in the hospital. I can't wait to bring her home!
I will try to do another post, postop. If things get a bit crazy around here, ME and I wish everyone the best for the holiday season. I have our traditional crab feast on order.
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary on this very special day!! What a year of accomplishments it has been. Year 2 will be even more exciting. ....We'll be dancing by June I'm sure! I hope your visit went well and am sure your surgery will go beautifully. I know you are both ready to get this one behind you. There's no stopping you now!! Love you both, Diane
Post a Comment