US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Final Post

Today marks the two year anniversary of the event that changed most of our lives. Today also marks the beginning the third year of MaryEleanor's recovery. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we can now safely say it's not a train.

The ongoing support from our family and friends has been and will continue to be sincerely appreciated.

ME's doing a better job communicating with most you than I. She spends hours on Facebook, most of the time juggling multiple games of scrabble.

Between ME's outpatient PT and sessions here and at the pool with Tom Kelleher, MaryEleanor continues to get stronger and more independent. We'll be ready to head to New York in a month leaving the wheelchair at home.

So, I think it's time to call it a wrap. Thank you Caitlin for quickly thinking up the idea of creating this blog to keep everyone informed. Rhonda, your time as the author was great.

For me, doing the daily (sometime twice) posts was my therapy. I tried to find something positive to report each day. Once we brought ME home, that became easier.

Thanks for putting up with me, it's been a rewarding ride.

My best,
Dave

PS There may be an epilogue after our trip to the US Open.

4 comments:

M.E. said...

Dave has been my hero through all of this.. he has never failed to do "what it takes" to make happen what has happened. I can't thank him enough.

I'll still be on Facebook and email so I hope to stay in touch with all of you that way. I love each of you for all your support and love. I am crying right now so I better sign off.. Love, M.E.

diane said...

Cry your eyes out M.E. you deserve it!! You have survived a heck of a ride and came out flying!! We are so so proud of you. And Dave you are an amazing man and a gifted author. When is the book coming out? We love you both and are proud to be your relatives and friends. Keep soaring!!!

Caitlin said...

Diane, you can order the copy I made for Dad of the first 2 year posts... its so beautiful!

Mom, I always have tears in my eyes when I talk about you- but now, thank God, they are tears of joy, and thankfulness that we have made it through this ordeal, with only good things ahead and less "what ifs" I think this Blog served its purpose and now its time for Mom to tell her story!!

Linda K. said...

Dave ... I'll miss your posts. The blog served many purposes and kept those near and far updated, but it also chronicled your journey for any individual who wanted to learn more about meningioma and did an Internet search ... you have a lot of incredible, timely, factual information for anyone who may be wading through a medical crisis of this magnitude. Thank you for sharing on the World Wide Web!