US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept 2010

US Tennis Open - Sept  2010
Here we are at Arthur Ashe stadium !

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary ME!

Tomorrow, May 20th, is our 32nd. It is amazing when we tell people this, they are blown away. We celebrated a bit early by joining close friends for a dinner out at our new favorite haunt, Zesta's. Lujio, chef and owner, always takes such good care of us.

MaryEleanor starts outpatient rehab tomorrow. We met with them this past Monday to establish reasonable, achievable goals. We let them know of our plans for Labor Day. This included the goals ME needs to meet/exceed to make trip memorable. She will be going to rehab twice a week for quite a while. One of the physical therapist who will work with ME was one of ME's PT's when she was an inpatient at Yakima Regional. ME can not remember her but she remembers ME.

Tom Kelleher has cranked up his workouts with ME another notch. He constantly tells ME "I'm not the one going to the US Open, I'm the one who is challenged to get you there".

Our anniversary gift to each other this year was to continue paying it forward. Judi Brown was involved with a fund raiser called "Apples for the Hungry". We bought several boxes and had them delivered to the Union Gospel Mission.

Carpe Diem!

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Love this! Happy Anniversary!!!!!
You both are so amazing, and I love you so much!
Love,
Caitlin

M.E. said...

Dave is the greatest !! He is truly the love of my life.. and I would not be as far along as I am without him by my side. Thank you Dave for writing the blog and for loving me! Happy Anniversary to you ! Love, M.E.

diane said...

You have so much! 32 years of love, laughter, challenges and great rewards. Much to come! I am lucky to have been a part of your life together. Love you both . . . .Diane

Pete said...

Happy Anniversary !! You are always in our hearts.
Pete & Dev