Hi all,
Just to let you know, we are working on some updated photos for the blog. Not that the current ones aren't special, the blog needs a bit of refreshing.
Not too much new with MaryEleanor. This coming Wednesday her Husky cast comes off, for good. ME enabled another "W" for the Huskies yesterday against Arizona, yeah for us! No clue as to what to expect next but we'll keep you posted (no pun intended).
The plan for this weekend was for a visit from ME's sister Polly and her husband Steve. As you may recall, Polly stayed with me the entire month of January, caring for ME, until we could sort out and hire the right caregivers. She and our niece, Megan, popped back over from Lewiston, ID in June to allow me to get away with my tennis buds for a weekend at Rick's cabin. Polly and Steve arrived Friday evening for what was supposed to be a great weekend enjoying family. We had our standard Friday evening pizza and I planned a lasagna dinner for Saturday night. Steve was to have helped me do a few things outside as Polly and ME caught up with all the "kid" stuff.
Things were cruising along on a cold Saturday morning when about 10AM, I looked outside and saw one of our mutual tennis friends, Howard, pop into our driveway. I didn't give it a second thought as he often came out to visit. After greeting him at the door, introducing him to Polly and Steve, we all walked out to ME's room. Within a minute of saying "hey" to ME, Howard turns to me and say "I have one thing I need you to do, go pack a bag as we are headed to Rick's cabin". Needless to say, my jaw dropped and as I looked around the room, everyone had a huge smile on their face. ME said "I've been planning this for three weeks, now get packed and get out of here!".
What could I do except say "OK" and head off to pack on the fly, something I am not used to doing. Howard told me to just grab clothes as everything else was covered. Bob and Rick were already on their way up to the cabin. I have never been so surprised in my life. ME says the expression on my face was priceless.
Off we went, leaving ME in the capable hands of Polly and Steve. Steve sent me off with a care package of "gars", micro brews, the Captain and an assortment of other goodies. Meeting up with Bob and Rick was great. They had already started fires in two stoves (the only real heat source). For the next 24 hours we shared what we always shared annually in June, good food, good meat, good "God", let's drink!
It was awesome, just what the doctor ordered. Upon my return today, ME was beaming. "I pulled it off, didn't I?" Yes, she did. I had no clue. Polly and Steve headed back to Lewiston shortly after noon. A great thanks to them for caring for MaryEleanor.
ME continues to amaze all of us with her recovery, physically and mentally. You just witnessed a lady on a mission. MaryEleanor planned the whole "kidnapping" from start to finish. Now you know one of the reasons I married her a few years ago. She just keeps you guessing.
Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go M.E. !!! Knocked his socks off didn't you? Love, Diane
This story makes me grin from ear to ear- Great job Mom, and a huge thanks to the Mil's for helping her pull this off! What a blessing! :)
I absolutely love the new picture!Hugs, Nan
Post a Comment